What is NJIT’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program?
For Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) to have an impact, it is vital that all employees and organizational leadership intentionally integrate DEI strategies into all facets of the workplace. To accomplish this, they must gain the skillsets needed to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. In NJIT’s well-designed certificate curriculum each course provides key fundamentals to transform your organization’s workplace culture into an inclusive environment where everyone thrives.
- Overview of Emotional Intelligence Linked to Fostering Inclusivity
- Six Inclusion Leadership Traits
- The Historical Constructs of Racism
- Beliefs, Bias, & Perceptions
- Crucial Conversations as an Ally
- Effective Communication
- Cultural Competence & Intelligence
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Understanding & Managing Unconscious Bias
- Integrating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
What Sets This Program Apart?
- Live interactive sessions with expert faculty with real-world experience
- Small class size ensures personalized experience and deliverables
This program meets virtually via video conference call twice a week.
Class sizes are limited for maximum interaction and the format is live and highly interactive.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Certification
- Deepen leaders understanding of inclusive leadership and its connection to exceptional leadership utilizing Deloitte’s Six Inclusive Leadership traits
- Explore the behaviors and competencies that define an inclusive leader
- Strengthen your own leadership capability
- Enhance organizational culture in your team and company
- Recognize unconscious bias and how it affects the way that people perceive and react
- Understand the dimensions of diversity that matter most in organizations
- Assess stereotypes and prejudices that may influence behavior in work groups and learn methods to improve the psychological safety of all employees
- Increase your bottom line
- Reduce risk of discrimination lawsuits
Who Should Attend?
Anyone seeking a more inclusive environment or workplace culture that enables all people to reach their highest potential.