Prepare Your Workforce for
the Advanced Manufacturing Environment
The Industrial Manufacturing Technician (IMT) apprenticeship program emphasizes the development of foundational skills for operators and technicians in a broad range of manufacturing roles.
Technical competency development is combined with communication, teamwork and other business skills to mold or create a well-rounded employee.
This program provides new or under-skilled manufacturing workers with a robust and diverse skill set and prepares employees for advancement into more technically advanced roles — for example, training required to be a technician in Mechatronics.
What Your Employees Will Learn
NJIT's IMT apprenticeship program prepares production workers for the knowledge and competencies needed in the advanced manufacturing environment. The program trains workers to:
- Setup, operate, monitor and control production equipment
- Gain knowledge of routine equipment maintenance
- Efficiently and safely manage raw materials and consumables
- Help improve manufacturing processes and schedules to meet customer requirements
- Understand manufacturing as a business
- Understand inventory management and material processes
- Industrial Math
- Intro to Mechanical Components
- Intro to Fluid Power and Thermodynamics
- Intro to Industrial Electricity
- Basics of Chemistry
- Manufacturing Process
- Business Acumen
- Communication in the Workplace
- Conflict Resolution
- Engaging in Teamwork
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality, Lean and SPC Basics
Dates: September 2020 – May 2021, May 2021 – December, 2022
Available Seats: 20
Location: Online, Live Instruction
If you are interested in running this program for employees and want to incorporate specific content or create a private session for your team, contact us to learn more about custom apprenticeship programs.
Department of Labor Funding
NJIT is the recipient of four-year training from the US Department of Labor. manufacturing organizations who send their employees to this program are eligible for matching funds from the Department of Labor.
Get In Touch
If you’re interested in enrolling members of your workforce for this apprenticeship program, please use this form to contact us for pricing and more details.