What is NJIT’s Creative Placemaking Program?
Creative Placemaking is a tool used to transform neighborhoods, cities and communities through the revitalization of arts and culture. It can help revitalize local economies, stabilize neighborhoods, promote businesses and provide jobs.
Develop the skills to initiate, collaborate and contribute to community renewal as a Certified Creative Placemaker.
- Core Concepts and Case Studies
- Team Mission and Visioning
- Creative Assets Inventories
- Working Across Sectors
- Creative Placemaking Plan
- Funding and Policies
- Getting the Message Out
- Building the Case for Creative Placemaking
- Community Engagement
- Real Estate/Housing-Residential
- Commercial Real Estate
- Local Regenerating and Partners
- Social Equity
- Focus on Trauma-Informed Placemaking
- Sustainable Growth
- Public Art
- Importance of Design
- Evaluating the Impact
What Sets This Program Apart?
- Live interactive sessions with expert faculty with real-world experience
- Small class size ensures personalized experience and deliverables
- Earn 9.0 CEU from NJIT
This program meets virtually via video conference call twice a week.
Class sizes are limited for maximum interaction and the format is live and highly interactive.
15 week course for a total of 90 hours
During this course you will develop strategies for infusing arts and culture into community and economic development planning.
- Build and direct effective leadership teams
- Understand sector-specific vocabulary
- Establish cross-sector communication
- Demonstrate inclusive and sustainable visioning and planning
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who chooses to be a leading agent of change in a community including civic leaders, planners, community and economic development professionals and artists.
This course is appropriate for anyone who, as a public or private employee, is seeking to design, develop and/or lead programs that apply unique power of arts and culture to create vibrant, resilient and socially connected communities.
Creative placemaking is still considered an emerging discipline, however, it has gained notoriety for successes in urban areas across the United States and is a sought-after capability and approach that is sure to enhance your employment potential.