What is NJIT’s Industrial Manufacturing Technician Program?
The Industrial Manufacturing Technician (IMT) apprenticeship program emphasizes the development of foundational skills for operators and technicians in a broad range of manufacturing roles. Technical competency development is combined with communication, teamwork and other business skills to mold or create a well-rounded employee.
This program provides new or under-skilled manufacturing workers with a robust and diverse skill set and prepares employees for advancement into more technically advanced roles — for example, training required to be a technician in Mechatronics.
- Industrial Math
- Intro to Mechanical Components
- Intro to Fluid Power and Thermodynamics
- Intro to Industrial Electricity
- Basics of Chemistry
- Manufacturing Process
- Business Acumen
- Communication in the Workplace
- Conflict Resolution
- Engaging in Teamwork
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality, Lean and SPC Basics
What Sets This Program Apart?
- Live, weekly interactive sessions with expert faculty
- Highly personalized learning based on your input and feedback
- Apply the lessons from the program immediately to your professional and personal interactions
This virtual face-to-face program features live interactive sessions with expert faculty.
Classes meet twice a week via Zoom for eight weeks allowing for a direct input and feedback from instructors and peers which creates a very personalized learning experience.
- IMT program emphasizes foundational skills for a broad range of advanced manufacturing roles.
- Technical competency development is combined with communication, teamwork and other business skills to train a well-rounded employee.
- The IMT provides new and under skilled workers with a robust and diverse set of skills needed to be successful in todays advanced manufacturing world.
- Training includes Safety, Quality, Business Acumen, Mechanical, Electrical and Technical skills that prepare employees for more advanced manufacturing roles.
- Provides production workers for the knowledge, skills and competencies needed for the advanced manufacturing environment.
- Improve productivity.
Who Should Attend?
- Existing workers or individuals looking for careers in advanced manufacturing.
- Anyone wanting to up-skill their skillset in advanced manufacturing.
- Individuals looking to increase their manufacturing abilities to reach a higher level of success.
USDOL predicts a manufacturing job shortage of 2.2M by 2025.
Companies will need skilled employees to fill this growing skills gap.
The IMT program provides the skills and knowledge needed to compete in a more flexible and higher skilled workforce needed in today's advanced manufacturing environment. Workers completing traditional training programs earn on average 20% more than basic line workers.